Coconut flour bread
I made coconut flour bread, the recipe is very easy and it only take a few minutes to make! First of all, I’m truly sorry about the quality of the picture. I was so hungry I just couldn’t be bothered to get my good camera and used my phone. Shame on me!
I’m a big fan of the low carb microwave bread. I’ve done many versions, the first one being the original flax meal version. I though that one was absolutely disgusting but it inspired me to try other ingredients but use the same method. So far this coconut flour bread is my favorite and I make it almost every day for lunch, different toppings though.
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp coconut flour
1 tbsp flax meal (optional)
1/4 tsp baking powder
– Put the butter in a big microwave friendly cup and nuke it for a few seconds until it’s melted.
– Add the other ingredients to the cup and stir like crazy. I mean it, stir for a while until it all comes together, and then a little longer.
– Put the cup into the microwave and set it on high for 1-2 minutes. For the first couple of times just keep your eye on it and check on it when you think it’s done. It should come apart from the edges of the cup of you shake it a little bit but not be gooey in the middle. If you cook it for too long it´ll get dry. If it spills out of the cup, buy a bigger cup (or use a small bowl) 🙂
– Put the coconut flour bread onto a plate and cut it in half, immediately put your toppings on it because when it cools down it gets dry. I like it with butter, cheese and the Polaner sugar free preserves. Anything goes really, it’s just like bread.
– Once you get the hang of it you can try changing up the ingredients and get creative. Add spices, use almond flour etc.
– For those of you with a little sweet tooth I can recommend adding a tbsp of heavy cream to the batter (might need a pinch more of coconut flour), erythrotol/stevia/other sweetener and some cinnamon. While it’s cooking, mix a little cream cheese, heavy cream and sweetener in a bowl to make frosting. When the cupcake/bread is done, dump it into the bowl and enjoy. It sort of reminds me of carrot cake.
I hope you enjoy my coconut flour bread!