So you’re interested in starting the keto diet but aren’t sure where to begin? I´ll try to make it easy for you.
- Read everything you can and try to prepare yourself mentally for it. I recommend reading success stories, recipes and the science behind the diet.
- Set a day to begin but give yourself a little time to get used to the idea and make sure you’re not overly busy for the first few days on the diet. (This is just in case you get the keto flu). Pro tip: If you don’t work weekends you should perhaps start the diet on Thursdays so the worst of the flu will pass over the weekend.
- Make a menu for the first week. Now, this isn’t necessary but I recommend it 100%. You don’t want to wake up hungry and have no clue what you’re going to eat. Or worse, come home from work tired and have to figure out what to make for dinner. It’s much easier to stick to the diet if you plan ahead.
- Read your menu carefully, make a grocery list and go shopping the day before you start. Don’t forget snacks like almonds, cheese, veggies etc. Buy some chicken/beef stock cubes so you can make a quick broth if/when the flu hits.
- Get your vitamins and minerals ready.
- The day before you start you can prepare meals if you need to take food to work or school. You can also prepare other food, like boil a few eggs to keep in the fridge. They’re a great snack. (Lots of people actually take 1 day of the week to prepare all their meals and keep in the freezer, not a bad idea if you’re busy).
- You’re all set! Now you’re ready to start eating great food while feeling full and energetic but still losing weight.