I know this might sound a little gross, meat pizza? But wait! It’s actually quite delicious. I’ve tried at least 4 kinds of low carb pizza, for example the cauliflower crust, the almond flour crust etc. Result: I thought they were all disgusting and not worthy of a blog post.
I wasn’t really hopeful when I decided to try the meatza but lo and behold, it’s actually tasty and the texture isn’t nasty! 🙂 It’s also actually easier to make than the other ones I tried. The meatza lasted me and my husband for 2 meals. 1/4 meatza each for dinner and 1/4 each for lunch the day after. Not bad!
I browsed a few online recipes and then just ended up making up my own. Here it is:
Meatza! Low carb, keto friendly pizza.
500 grams (about 1 pound) ground beef
spices of your own choice (for mine I used 2 tsp salt, bunch of ground black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and Italian spice mix)
toppings of your own choice (I used pizza sauce, a metric ton of shredded cheese, ham, pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppers, red onion and cream cheese)
– In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg and spices.
– use your (clean) fingers to flatten the mixture into a shallow round baking pan or straight into your slightly greased oven sheet.
– Bake at 200 °c (390 °F) for approximately 10 minutes or until browned. It shrinks a lot at this stage.
– Take it out of the oven, try to get rid of some of the liquid, even pat dry the top with a paper towel.
– Add your meatza toppings like you would on a regular pizza.
– Put it back in the oven and keep an eye on it. When it looks done, it’s done 🙂 You might want to crank up the heat a little bit at the very end.