The short form of Low Carb High Fat is LCHF. This method makes your weight losing process very easy. It means eating low carbohydrate foods that are rich in fat. It is also known as the ketogenic diet. Some say it is the fastest and healthiest way of losing weight. Scientists have argued over this fact but we believe it’s true. In future posts we will link to scientific evidence. While on the keto diet you can eat lots of varieties of delicious foods and lose weight. The main thing in this diet is that you should lessen the intake of sugar and starches.
Do I need to count carbs on keto?
There is no need for counting calories while following this lchf diet, but if you’re experiencing a keto stall you might want to do that.. You simply eat food until you feel fully satisfied. Of course it’s still about calories in and calories out, but when you’re eating a high fat diet you tend to get full much sooner and eat less.
What food to eat on the keto diet?
The foods you have to eat during this diet are:
- Meat like beef, pork or chicken
- Natural fats such as butter, yoghurt (full fat, in small quantities for those on a strict keto diet)
- Olive oil
- Vegetables that are grown above the ground such as cauliflower, mushrooms, lettuce, avocados etc.
- Milk and milk products (full fat, in small quantities for those on a strict keto diet. I prefer heavy cream as it’s lower in carbs)
What food to avoid on the low carb / keto diet?
The foods you have to avoid from your diet are:
- Root vegetables
- Starch rich foods like pasta, potatoes, bread, rice etc.
- Carbohydrate rich foods (read all labels so you don’t have to learn the hard way!)
- fruits (some berries are ok in moderation)
This type of low carb diet plan helps you to stabilize your blood sugar levels and increases your body metabolism and helps in burning fat quickly. Drink plenty of water to stabilize your metabolism and make sure you get your electrolytes!. If you feel really bad during the first few days of your low carb diet, you might have the keto flu! There are millions of low carb recipes available and you can have a large variety of dishes in this lchf diet plan. There will definitely be some recipes on this blog so stay tuned. It is very easy to use and follow the ketogenic diet. It has more benefits as it stabilizes blood sugar, give you weight loss without any diet and hunger, stabilizes your cholesterol level and is very easy to follow.
For a conclusion, the lchf diet or the ketogenic diet plan is the best way to lose weight in a healthy and easy way. Without staying hungry, you can lose weight. It is a long-term process of losing weight without any side effects (except more energy, more focus, slimmer body etc.).